Updates from principal dentist Dr Milisha Chotai.
Firstly, I hope that you are feeling well. Given the unprecedented situation in the UK regarding the COVID-19 virus I felt it was important to reassure you that we are continuing to keep our practice clean and safe for both you and our team. You will appreciate that as a dental practice we work in an environment where the prevention of the spread of a whole range of infections is woven into everything that we do. Nevertheless, we are paying particular attention to the latest government guidance on the transmission of coronavirus.
As you know, Dentistry is my passion and so it is very sad for me to have to close the practice.We will suspend all routine appointments until the Government advice changes and we receive further instructions. We are however going to remain on call for emergency dental care. If you have a problem, please be reassured that if you ring the practice in the normal way, I will aim to offer emergency treatment the same day, as I have always done.
I am here for serious dental emergencies only, so please only call if:
- You are in severe pain (unable to sleep/having to take pain relief)
- You are suffering from facial swelling
- You have suffered trauma to a tooth or teeth
The out of hours emergency provision for our patients remains operational. Our patients are really important to us – you are all part of the “Newnham family”. Our caring team, will not be at work as a result of the crisis. If you are isolating and need provisions or other help, then please give me a ring and I will do my best to help.
IF ATTENDING FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the building. Please forgive us if we don’t shake hands and talk to you with masks on our face.
- You’ll notice that we’ve removed some non-essential items in the reception area including the magazines. They will return after the summer.
- There is a rather dramatic line between receptionists and the seating area. This is to catch your attention to ensure that we can continue to service us.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Know the guidance before attending the practice for your next appointment we would be grateful if you would review the most up to date government guidance – just click this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Keep us in the loop; please remember to call us if you wish to reschedule any of your booked appointments. We would be happy to schedule an alternative date for you.
- Please do not bring friends and family to your emergency dental appointment.
- Please do not attend more than 5 minutes early to your scheduled appointment.
Please be reassured that you will not miss out on any of the dental care you need. Once the crisis is over, we will be opening additional hours to catch up and give you the quality care that you have always received from us.
If you have a routine appointment booked with us in the next few weeks, expect a phone call/letter from us postponing it for a little while. Some of you will already be isolating due to age, health issues or exposure to Coronavirus, and the news that we are not expecting you to come into town for your appointment may be a relief to you.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate the next few weeks together. Please look at our website for updates and news.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
With best wishes,
Dr Milisha Chotai DDS, MSc, MSc, PGCert